Regulatory and Licensing
No other UK accountancy practice is able to offer a fully experienced and qualified “in-house” regulatory, licensing and bonding specialist team. Other so called travel specialist firms are unable to offer this in-house expertise, having to “buy this expertise in”
The head of our Travel and Leisure team, Chris Photi, is widely regarded as the UK’s leading travel regulatory expert. He is assisted and supported in this function by Andrew Sylvester, a CIMA qualified accountant, who spent 6 years working at ABTA as a Senior Financial Analyst.
Chris, Andrew and their team can assist you in relation to all the following:
- The European Package Travel Directive (“PTD”) and related UK Package Travel Regulations
- Brexit impact
- Civil Aviation Authority (“CAA”) Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing (“ATOL”)
- ABTA Membership – retail and principal
- IATA financial requirements and financial security rules
- Irish Commission for Aviation Regulation (“CAR”) licensing and bonding – principal and retail
- All forms of bonding, guarantees and travel specific insurances
- The operation of Travel Trust Accounts, either through the Travel Trust Association (“TTA”) or independently managed Trusts
- WHA offer a full application and renewal service for all forms of travel licensing, membership and accreditation
- WHA has advised some of the UK’s largest private equity firms in relation to the regulatory framework and the specialist aspects of leveraged transactions
- WHA have a full working knowledge of across European implementation of consumer protection per the European PTD and of the travel regulatory regimes in the US and Australia, having clients operating in both jurisdictions.